Ranting with Rachel

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Tough to Make a Decision

I hate making decisions, especially on things that don't matter very much. When Adam and I were dating and he asked me what I wanted to do for a date, I hated thinking of something. Even now, I hate to think of what we're going to have for dinner. We try to plan family days, but coming up with something to do is sometimes impossible. Not because their is a lack of things to do, but it was a lack of planning so we wouldn't get to enjoy our moneys worth or the weather ends up not cooperating. (excuses, excuses....really I just hate to make decisions) Don't get me wrong, if the decision is between just a couple things I will let my opinion be known. And we all know I have opinions. =)
I think the majority of people do not enjoy making decisions. However, my rant this time is when someone already has made the decision, yet asks others what their opinion is of that decision. For instance: I know a lady who had a bread machine. She told me that she got rid of it because someone else she knew told her the bread tasted like metal and that's when she realized she tasted metal in her bread. But it was someone's opinion which made her take action. This drives me absolutely nuts! How did she not know the bread tasted like metal (a VERY noticeable taste to me) before she spoke to someone else?  I also get annoyed when someone has used a product for at least a year and then they ask me what my opinion is about that product, which I've never used. I want to shake that person and ask them why they are asking someone who has never used it. Get your own opinion! I don't know if it is a way to make me feel like my opinion matters or to make me feel included. Either way...STOP!!!! Nobody likes to be asked their opinion and then it is ignored. That's what these type of people do. They ask, ask, ask, and then do what they were going to do anyway. Which in turn makes the people who gave their opinions annoyed and not want to share their opinion again. And then that person who doesn't want to share will write a ranting blog. =)
As much as this bothers me, it also makes me laugh. Do you have stories?

1 Comments:

  • At August 24, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Boyd Box said...

    I'm not even going to go there. I will get myself in SO MUCH TROUBLE!!! LOL. But, I agree. I try to make decisions in my life based upon my experiences and when I lack experiences, to request information (opinion) from those who may have HAD those experiences. HOWEVER, I don't just ask anyone. I ask those who I respect and feel that our ways of thinking are similar because I am searching for information on how I would face a situation/decision. Otherwise, it ends up being a confrontational situation and I really do try to avoid confrontation.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home