Ranting with Rachel

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You Don't Want to Do That

Ask yourself, how many times have you told someone you wanted to do something and then the person you were talking with said "you don't want to do that." Ok, how many times have you said it to someone else? I have heard it a number of times. I get so tired of hearing that someone knows better about what I want to do.
For instance, saying you want your baby to come early. What's early? I don't want a premature baby, but I'm past that risk. So coming a few days early isn't a big deal. However, I'm being induced and a woman asked me why I would want to do that and that I really didn't want to do it. I'm being induced ON my due date. I'm not going early, and the insurance only allows you to go one week past your due date anyway. Anyhow, I then hear about how horrible and painful an induction is, as if that is going to change my mind. My first baby was induced and that's the only labor experience I have. I don't know any different! Of course I'm willing to be induced again! Oh, and last time I checked, I haven't heard one woman say that labor and delivery was pleasant and easy. Thus the name LABOR.
I've talked about my dream property (house and land) and again, I've been told that I didn't want to do that. WHATEVER! How do you know? Maybe the things you don't like about certain aspects of what I want, are things that I have experience with too!
One of the other latest ones is being told that I really don't want to send my kids to public school. Mind you, it's just public school, I never hear that I shouldn't send my kids to private school (ok, one person...but she has a good point). I hear reasons not to, but I still feel that public school is best for my children. I don't tell home schoolers not to home school. I have my opinions about home schooling (we'll save that for another post). No matter which way you choose for your children, the parents HAVE to be involved. The funny thing about the people who have told me I should home school are actually people who are teachers. (Again, we'll save that for another post)
There are so many other examples I could give about times when someone has told me that I really didn't want to do something. I'd love to hear some of yours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home